Thursday, February 3, 2011

Here is is February already!

Wow times are just flying by. Things have gotten a little crazier around here if that's possible. With Tyler in school full time, and the kids with all their activities, and me and my school and working 2 jobs. January was when I had said I would start hitting the pavement looking for jobs in Idaho. I've been looking off and on since Sept and applied here and there but only had responses from a couple and they were not really what I was looking for. This week all that has changed. Last Friday I applied for several positions. I actually got called within and hour for one and we talked for quite a while but I need 3 more months of experience before her company would allow her to hire me. Perfect the timing would be just right! One of the jobs I was really interested in stated if you didn't hear from them with 24 hrs basically you weren't qualified and please don't keep sending your resume into us. Tuesday morning I got an email saying Providence in Spokane had just posted a LPN position so I got up and tuned my resume up to reflect the new temp licenses in both WA and ID that I had received and I applied. Two hours later I got an email from HR. We talked back and forth and she then notified me that I had passed the first step and was moving on to the hiring manager and to expect a call sometime this week. So Wednesday while I was at work I checked my phone and I had a missed call. Low and behold it was not Providence it was the Friday posting. I had phone interview and am now headed up next week to a face to face. Tyler and I both have such mixed emotions right now with this. What if I do get this job?? I will have to pack up my things and leave my family behind until June. I know God is in control and he knows what's best but I still have those thoughts and am wondering what the heck he is thinking. I have no doubts that Tyler can handle being a single parent and keeping up with the house the next couple months but isn't that my job too?
In the mean time we have been putting finishing touches on patchwork that we have done throughout the house. We are having an Open House the first weekend in March so maybe God has a plan with that too. It sure would make things easier and less stressful.
We also found out we are having a NEPHEW!! I can't hardly wait to meet the little fella!
Oh and this month I'm having a reunion with some old friends and can't wait!! I think God has some BIG plans for lots of people in 2011.

No comments: